Don’t leave it till January. Why November is the best time to declutter.

The New Year is the busiest time of year for Professional organisers and generally when people choose to declutter their homes. Obviously, I’m not going to be able to change the New Years resolutions habits that have existed for centuries. But why not declutter now rather than wait till January? I think it’s the perfect time of year to do it.

But why?

– The festive season with all its celebrations is a time when we are most likely to have guests in our home. What better time than now to have a home you can be proud of?

– For your guests, you will probably need your spare room to stay over. Isn’t that the one where all the clutter finds a resting place? Get it sorted and let your guests be impressed.

– There is a serious influx of ‘stuff’ into the house at Christmas. If you have your sort out before Christmas there’s a chance it will have somewhere to be put away. A place for everything and everything in its place.

– By decluttering in November you will get a chance to find things you didn’t know you had eg. boxed Christmas cards, wrapping paper, gifts you can recycle or give to Christmas appeals. Use up your clutter and save some money.

– If you declutter your wardrobe now  you will probably find a party dress that will be perfect for December without having to go out and buy a new one. We wear 20% of our clothes 80% of the time. That party dress falls into the other 20% category.

– When you find all those Christmas presents you were given last year that haven’t seen the light of day, it might make you think about the types of gifts you are giving and whether they will be welcomed.

So, rather than go out and do your Christmas shopping this weekend, have a sort out so you know what you’ve got and what you need. Make your home clutter free, save yourself time, money, make space and have a home you can be proud of.

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Don’t leave it till January. Why November is the best time to declutter.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s